Our thoughts and the attitude we bring to our jobs and careers significantly impacts our career success and enjoyment.
Consider the following 5 steps to improving your mindset and attitude on the job:
1. Sleep. Our attitude and mood is greatly influenced by the amount of sleep we get. In order to have a positive attitude about your career (and life in general) start with getting eight hours of sleep each night.
2. Eat well and exercise. Additionally, it's important to eat foods that energize and avoid a lot of caffeine, sugar, and alcohol. Eating well should be complemented with a routine of physical activity. Consider walking or biking to work, if possible.
3. Meditation. Take some time to meditate every morning before starting your day. It can be as simple as 3-5 minutes of standing or sitting quietly, or you might meditate on one or two things that you are grateful for.
4. Breathe. Be sure to breathe deeply throughout the day. This will help calm you and center you again on the priorities in your life.
5. Smile and laugh often. Greeting everyone you meet with a smile will not only improve your mood but also the attitudes of those you work with.
These are just a few of the many steps you can take to improve your mindset on the job and at home. Implement one or two this week and experience the difference.