Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Confessions of a Real Post Grad: Jeremy Felice

I will be interviewing different post grads to document their journey, give advice, learn from their triumphs and mistakes and so other post grads know they aren't alone. I will be talking to those lucky few who got their dream job right after their degree or those who went in a completely different direction than they had planned.

1. Explain to readers where and when you graduated, your degree and your current job/schooling.

I graduated from Oakland University in Spring 2012 with a history degree. I currently work for DTE Energy and work on power lines.

2. You just described your current situation, is this where you thought you'd be as a post grad? Explain.

I thought I would be teaching a high school history class and definitely didn't plan on working outside with dangerous equipment and situations every day.

3. What is your dream job?

My dream job would probably be owning my own brewery and standing behind the bar serving happy people delicious beers.

4. What is the best thing about being a post grad?

The best thing about being a post grad would have to be the freedom and the feeling of accomplishment of getting a degree. Also, being a post grad of Oakland University, the best thing may be the ability to park my vehicle with ease.

5. What is the worst?

The worst thing would have to be that I do miss learning a lot but also that I do not have a job in the field that I studied five years for.

6. What advice do you have for recent post grads?

Great Job! You did it! Now get to paying off those student loans!

No comments:

Post a Comment