Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Confessions of a Real Post Grad: Alice Phun

I will be interviewing different post grads to document their journey, give advice, learn from their triumphs and mistakes and so other post grads know they aren't alone. I will be talking to those lucky few who got their dream job right after their degree or those who went in a completely different direction than they had planned.

1. Explain to readers where and when you graduated, your degree and your current job/schooling.

 Just a few days ago, I graduated from University of California, Davis with a degree in History and Asian American Studies and a minor in Native American Studies. As of now, I'm currently working on applying for jobs in the government.

2. You just described your current situation, is this where you thought you'd be as a post grad? Explain.

I always thought that I would either work for the government or a non-profit organization, so I am working towards getting to a place I want to work.

3. What is your dream job?

My dream job would either be working with a non-profit organization or the government. I want to work in a position that would allow me to use my social media skills, as well as my passion to help my community.

4. What is the best thing about being a post grad?

I have a new challenge for myself. I'm discovering who I am after college and trying to do the right things for myself because it will affect my future. I like that I'm starting a new path and that new opportunities await me.

5. What is the worst?

The worst is no longer having to attend school! Although I didn't enjoy every aspect of it, it was certainly enjoyable to be a college student.

6. What advice do you have for recent post grads?

Although things may seem difficult at certain moments, let those moments encourage you. Find ways to overcome them. There are resources, advice, and inspiration out there that can help you or lift up your spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment