Wednesday, September 28, 2016
It's normal to go through times when you struggle with self-confidence and it can be difficult to break out and restore your confidence.
Here are 5 steps you can take to build (or re-build) your confidence.
1. Pay attention to your appearance. Do what you can to feel good about the way you look. Get a haircut, shave, get a new cologne or perfume, invest in some contacts, or purchase a new outfit. If you feel good about the way you look you'll likely feel more confident.
2. Get sleep, eat well, and make time for exercise. Your health plays an important role in how confident you feel so be sure to get enough sleep, eat healthy foods, avoid alcohol and nicotine, and take some time to stay physically fit.
3. Work on positive self-talk. Your voice is the one you hear the most throughout the day so focus on positive and encouraging messages.
4. Surround yourself with people who believe in you. Try to arrange regular conversations with friends and colleagues who support you and build you up.
5. Take small risks. Find some successes. Take on a new project. Start small and begin to have some success and you'll find your confidence increasing.
Want more? Check out this list of 25 killer actions to boost your self-confidence.