Wednesday, August 10, 2016
However, that might have been true years ago but today's great employees take initiative and bring a passionate approach to their work.
Below are five additional characteristics of a great employee.
1. Team player. Great employees know that to be successful others on the team need to be successful and so she works well with others in the company, helping them to achieve their goals.
2. Curiosity. To be a great employee one must be curious about the company you work at, curious about all the divisions and areas within the company. curious about the company's competitors, and curious about how to make the company better and more effective.
3. Humility. Instead of glorying in success and taking credit, great employees will deflect praise in humility, understanding that successes require a team.
4. Communicates effectively. Great employees understand the importance of (and practice) good communication. In addition to excellent verbal communication skills, good employees know that effective written skills are important, too. Good communication also means avoiding gossip, and speaking positively about your job and company.
5. Takes responsibility. Every employee will experience some failure in the workplace at some point but it is the great employee who will get back up without blaming anyone else, take responsibility for the failure, and move forward to make things right.
What other characteristics does a great employee have?